From Editors of Pak Tea House
Dear Readers, PTH is a space on the blogosphere that promotes ideas of liberalism, tolerance, equality, freedom of speech and respect for Law. We want our society to be a harmonious, tolerant society and we want fellow Pakistanis to agree to disagree with each other. Keeping in view these principles, we are presenting our future policy regarding comments made on the posts. We want people to reply to posts if they do not agree with the author but we will not tolerate any kind of hate-speech, trolling or abuse.
There are 6 simple guidelines which we expect all participants on PTH to abide by, all of which directly inform our approach to community moderation. We are open to refining them, please give your feedback.
1. We understand that people often feel strongly about issues debated on the site, but we will consider removing any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening. Please respect other people’s views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution.
2. We will remove any post that contains view against any particular religion or sect or any religious personality.
3. We will remove any posts that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like. We will also Delete comments that are OFF-TOPIC, Contain majority of, or complete text of an article,Including direct quotes from religious texts or Comments in all CAPS.
4. We reserve the right to redirect or curtail conversations which descend into flame-wars based on ingrained partisanship or generalisations. We don’t want to stop people discussing topics they are enthusiastic about, but we do ask users to find ways of sharing their views that do not feel divisive, threatening or toxic to others.
5. We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy.
6. We welcome debate and dissent, but personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated. We will remove comments posted with explicit intent to provoke other commenters, writers or staff.
This must also be mentioned that any poster violating these terms repeatedly will be permanently banned from posting on the page.
Our aim is to ensure this platform is inclusive and safe, and that PTH is a place on the internet where you will always find lively, entertaining and, above all, intelligent discussions.