Pak Tea House » Pakistan » Attack on Raza Rumi

Attack on Raza Rumi

Our chief editor Raza Rumi has been attacked today. He has luckily survived the attack whereas his driver, a very young guy, could not make it.

This is a very serious incident and it highlights the deteriorating situation in Pakistan with respect to the safety of all those who are challenging the consistent erosion of freedom.

Our chief editor was attacked because he symbolises freedom and courage in a society which is spiraling rapidly into abyss. When they can not argue and win on the basis of rationale despite the fact that they get the space on media also, they resort to violence. And this violence is not bravery but cowardice. And this will continue unless we muster enough courage to put an end to this.

We hope that Government of Punjab takes serious steps to protect the media personnel and also ensure that the culprits in this case are apprehended.

We wish best of luck and health to our chief editor.

Regards

PTH Team

Filed under: Pakistan · Tags: , , ,

74 Responses to "Attack on Raza Rumi"

1. Chote Miyan United States Safari Mac OS says:

Ranger,
    Grow up. At 28 you are not that young. I was talking about Modi Bhaktas not Modi. At least read carefully before you blow a gasket.

2. Chote Miyan United States Safari Mac OS says:

Mohan Jee,
    I hope you include yourself in that group too. I understand your predicament: from abusing Congress, you moved to abusing AAP. Now it turns out that the BJP is chucking out its founding members to accommodate carpet baggers from the Congress to get the Jat vote! So much for the change. Ram Vilas Paswan is hardly anyone’s idea of a clean govt. Be that as it may, some of us have acknowledged Modi’s appeal but it seems that to his acolytes, he literally walks on water. I hope you have subscribed to the comic series, “nanha narendra” for your grandkids. We used to laugh at Laloo chalisa and stuff but this one takes the cake. And I really think you guys should go easy on “ghar ghar mein Modi”. It really sounds very creepy.
    My point is that one should always be careful. We have seen the story play out in Pakistan. And increasingly, the tendency of Modi Chelas to abuse/attack anyone who criticizes their leader is a very worrisome development. As you may well know, Kejri was physically assaulted in Haryana.
    I, for one, am not going to vote for Modi. I was anyways on the fence but to see the kind of feelings he arouses in his followers, I’d rather vote for someone sane. Besides, there is hardly any difference between the congress and the BJP. The same discredited leaders from the “sickular” parties are lining up behind Modi.

3. Ranger India Google Chrome Windows says:

“I, for one, am not going to vote for Modi”

Oh God Noooooooo!!! Kindly reconsider please Sir, otherwise Modi and all his supporters will immolate themselves…spare us from the agony of such a terrible end !!

4. Mohan United Arab Emirates Safari iPad says:

‘ “I had written earlier that most of posters here are very rigid in their views. ”
    I used be anti Modi till 2008/09 but changed my views after that. I will change again if I see him moving away from developement agenda and moving towards anti minorities agenda.

5. Chote Miyan United States Safari Mac OS says:

Mohan Jee,
    Good for you. I think I’ll wait before I change my mind. The evidence so far is not that convincing. As I said, I fear his supporters more, who, for most part, are a bunch of coward hoodlums too caught up in get-rich-quick schemes. With the hooligans associated with Laloo and co. you at least knew who they were and they at least had the courage to abuse you in public. With Modi supporters I feel, most of them move incognito out of terrible insecurity, no doubt arising out of more prosaic concerns. It’s no coincidence that his loudest supporters come from largely urban setting where there has been increasing reports of conjugal strife arising out of sexual dissatisfaction. You are wise enough to connect the dots.

6. Mohan United Arab Emirates Safari iPad says:

CM,
    Every party has supporters who are bunch of coward hoodlums. BJP is not an exception.
    By the way do you know that Yogender Yadav of AAP changes his name to Salim when he is with Muslim community?

7. Mohan United Arab Emirates Safari iPad says:

CM,

Even I won’t be voting for Modi, as I can neither vote from Vadodra nor from Varanasi. My vote will go to Poonam Mahajan.

8. Chote Miyan United States Safari Mac OS says:

Mohan,
    What is wrong in that? My nick is chote miyan..Should I apologize for that? See, on one thing, I am actually glad with the BJP’s transformation. All they care about now is how to get to the center: it doesn’t matter who brings them the vote. After spending years abusing Sabir Ali, they were getting ready to welcome him in the party. So, in essence, it’s becoming more and more like the other parties, not that it was very different before, but let’s just say it for the sake of argument. Jaswant Singh is kicked out to accommodate Jat vote. Muthalik was almost inducted to bring his share of votes.
    It’s not the hoodlums that matter. It’s also the kind of hoodlums that the party embraces. You can see how this thing has become so mainstream in Pakistan. A prominent writer is attacked and almost killed for merely writing. Advani’s house was showered with brickbats for merely opposing Modi’s candidature. So a lot of us are left wondering if the BJP foot soldiers can do that to their own what would they do to someone else. You know as well as I do, that both of us will take the first flight outside when that happens.
    I must say I was really quite surprised at the response to my Facebook post. People who are friends of my friends, who I have never known proceeded to comment on that. In any other time, it would be laughed off. I mean, think about it: Shouldn’t we start calling BJP as Congress-M? :P
    Ok well, this is an article about Raza Rumi and I shouldn’t keep talking about Modi etc. He is anyways having fun with some nubile 26 yr old..

9. Mohan United Arab Emirates Safari iPad says:

CM,
    You really think that you taking a nick of Chote Miyan and Yogender Yadav changing his name to Salim when he is with Muslims is same ?
    We all know how things have become in Pakistan. I had once told RHR that he was very brave to write such articles while staying in Pakistan. I very well understand that if majority community of any country become communal then that country becomes unlivable. I will reiterate that nothing of such sort is going to happen in India if Modi becomes PM. On the contrary we will see India progressing much faster than it had been under this corrupt Congress. In fact Congress has taken India backward, where economy is concerned, in last 10 years of their rule.

10. tajender United Arab Emirates Mozilla Firefox Windows says:

mohan bhai u are right muslims even millioaire dont get house to live from kashmir to kanyakumari.housemaids has to change their name and dress to get job of 2000 rupees.modi represents fascism zoinism and apartheism in india.he s fooling anybody who can fetch votes for him.after winning start will be with development but soon wars with neighbours will start and continue for years.hitler will become hitlier.

11. tajender United Arab Emirates Mozilla Firefox Windows says:

mohan u can live with communals but not with fascists.

12. saad United Arab Emirates Internet Explorer Windows says:

victor of modi will be corporate annexation of india.

13. kaalchakra United States Google Chrome Windows says:

” if majority community of any country become communal then that country becomes unlivabl”

tajender, not entirely. So many Muslim country are at peace with themselves, more or less, and are entirely liveable because a Muslim can’t really be communal, certainly not the majority as a whole.

In India problems arise because Hinduism is a system of apartheid. It is not to be visible so Muslim don’t feel threatened by its sight. Can anyone even imagine a Muslim country that has become unliveable because its Muslims are communal?

14. tajender United Arab Emirates Internet Explorer Windows says:

kaal muslim or no muslim.hindu zoinists are satanic cousins of zoinists of isreal.they are only in the world who praise isreal.in isreal everything for jews.roads are reseved for them so immigration.schools hospitals everything for jew only.their cousins in india are copying them.in ahmadabad area are reserved high castes.one ogf the biggest slum of asia is reserved for muslims and dalits.creators of wealth live like destitutes and beaten periodically.this is called gujrat experiment,to be excuted at all india level.now 3 young boys of 18 are going to hang for raping.thousands of rapes take place daily in india.i never such punishment.
    fraud of holocaust was created to occupy middle east.history full of lies and frauds was created to capture india,hate is duty lie is staple food.even obama agreed with sarkozy after a kong tak with netayahu.

15. tajender United Arab Emirates Internet Explorer Windows says:

saad is right,victory of modi will be followed with annexation of india by jewish corporatrs.

16. kaalchakra United States Google Chrome Windows says:

tajender, the point here is that we want Hindus to be invisible because Hinduism is a system of apartheid and most – if not all – Hindus are satanists, zionists, whose sight is sufficient to scare and worry decent people like Muslims. Hate is their duty and lie is their staple food.

That is why we must not vote for Modi. Majority, minority is an irrelevant issue.

17. kaalchakra United States Google Chrome Windows says:

18. Mohan United Arab Emirates Safari iPad says:

‘All those who don’t want India to be annexed by Jews should vote for one of the various opponents of Modi.’
    Agree with you Kaal. That is why this lady is invoking Quran to seek vote for NAC.

19. Rex Minor Germany Google Chrome Windows says:

Mohan,

The lady is not invoking the Quraan; as a non believer you canot follow it. But you are successfully invoking the article on Raza Rumi to promote Modi as the next Prime Minister of India.

Rex Minor

20. Shridhar Oman Google Chrome Windows says:

I don’t know much about politics but the way I know Modi we Indians are sure to loose our freedom of expression if he becomes PM…

21. Majumdar India Google Chrome Windows says:

Sridhar,
    In that case he will be booted out in 2019, no? Besides, even if NaMo does become PM, more than half of India will still be controlled by State Govts which impact citizens lives more directly.
    Regards

22. Mohan United Arab Emirates Safari iPad says:

Sridhar,

For your information, section 66A which curbs free of speech and expression was brought by Congress.

23. Rex Minor Germany Google Chrome Windows says:

Shiridhar. In that case you have some time once he! Express as much as you can before he becomes the Prime Minster and keep on expressing freely with a back date after he is elected.

Rex Minor

24. [...] also an international development expert who studies public policy at the Jinnah Institute and the editor of the blog Pak Tea House, was condemned in outraged messages posted online by readers, colleagues and liberal [...]