By Abdul Kundi
Salam Chairman Imran Khan
PTI is going through tough times as there are concerns raised about its ability to lead the nation as well as questions raised about its internal cohesion and team work. The most important item that needs your attention Mr. Chairman is to unite the party and bring it back to its ideological orientation. To facilitate you in this process, I have voluntarily decided to stop participating in the email chain discussions and change the scope of my mass emails to party member. In return Mr. Chairman we expect that our suggestions will be considered and our voice will be given due representation at the decision table. The history of our past suggestions should be a guide that party could have benefited from it if considered.
Through this email I would like to humbly submit following suggestions for your kind consideration:
1. Mr. Hamid Khan and his committee drafted the 2012 constitution of the party. During the drafting process I sent them many suggestions and raised concerns about the structural weaknesses apparent. Those suggestions were rejected and party constitution was adopted but never adhered to by the party office bearers although it was developed as per their own guidelines. Yet again there is another draft prepared for a new party constitution and efforts are underway to implement it without due process. I request you to prevent this from happening because the real importance of a constitution is in its implementation not just drafting of words. New draft should be adopted after careful reconsideration and through proper amendment process laid down in existing 2012 constitution.
2. Former PTI President Javed Hashmi, Zubair Umar of PML N and many op-ed writers are of the view that there was involvement of establishment in PTI Dharna politics and that some people in the decision making position were involved in it. These are serious allegations which have not been adequately answered thereby giving credence to the perception that PTI is hand maiden of establishment. To counter this perception I request you to establish a party inquiry commission to investigate the decisions related to dharna, resignation and strikes to ascertain if there was any involvement of outside party elements. The commission should also identify those responsible for these decisions and suggest corrective measures to prevent such things from happening in future.
3. Mr. Chairman you had a detailed meeting with SCAD members and had a chance to hear their point of view. It is important that the show cause given to them is formally withdrawn and allow them to continue with their important work to institutionalize the party.
4. It is heartening to see that you had a good meeting with Justice Wajihuddin that headed PTI Election Tribunal. Orders of the ET should be implemented in letter and spirit.
5. Interim organizers do not have any constitutional authority to make decisions on behalf of the party. They should operate on the single point agenda of participating in LG elections in Sindh and Punjab while refraining themselves from making any other decisions related to party organization. Tickets for LG should be given on merit and the criteria should be announced for it publicly. All those involved in LG tickets award should strictly adhere to the agreed merit criteria.
I hope that you will favorably consider the above suggestions and incorporate it in your decision making. We look forward to work with you to rebuild PTI as an institution and an ideological platform to transform this country.
Thanks & regards
Abdul Quayyum Khan Kundi